Hillsboro Economic Development Partnership
Welcome to Hillsboro Oregon!
The Hillsboro Economic Development Partnership is a collaborative effort between the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce and the City of Hillsboro to foster economic prosperity within and between the diverse communities of Hillsboro. We accomplish our mission by the following approaches:
- Providing Technical Assistance through one-on-one counseling and business development courses.
- Reaching out to business owners and the diverse communities of Hillsboro.
- Serving as a resource center for demographics and business development information.
- Promoting business expansion and retention.
- Partnering with other economic and community development agencies.
Exporting: Certificate of Origin
Certain foreign destinations require a Certificate of Origin for specified commodities. The purpose of the Certificate of Origin is to authenticate the country of origin of the merchandise being exported as well as custom’s determination as to whether or not a preferential duty rate applies to the products being imported.
The Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce issues Certificates of Origin for goods fabricated within the United States. Payment is by cash or check. Costs are: $5.00 per set for HCC members and $10.00 per set for non-members. (A set is the original document along with two copies).
Technical Assistance for Emerging & Growing Microenterprises
- Attend our monthly Connecion de Negocios Spanish language seminars.
- Call to schedule an appointment for business development counseling.
- Mark your calendars for this August for the Back to School Event/Regresso a la Escuela!
- Thinking of moving to Hillsboro and want to know the demographics of our population? We can help to answer your questions.
- Would you like to relocate and start a business here? We’ll tell you about the advantages of settling here in Hillsboro!
Business Expansion & Retention - Stay and Grow!
- Looking to open a new store? We can explore opportunities for available commercial and industrial space.
- Feeling the need to network with other businesses in the area?. Become a member of the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce and meet the leaders of the business community.
This is just a partial list of partners with whom we work to provide quality services to local emerging mircoenterprises and families moving to the area.
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives)
- Counseling Sessions held on the third Tuesday of each month at the Chamber office. Call for more information.
- Mercy Corps NW
- Small Business Development Center – Portland Community College
- M and M Swapmeet
- Office of Hispanic Outreach – Hillsboro School District
- Hillsboro 2020
Hillsboro is open for business.
Hillsboro is an exciting place to grow a business. Hillsboro has inexpensive and abundant land. In fact, Hillsboro has one of the West Coast's largest inventories of 100+acre sites. Sewer, water and roads are in place on many parcels and partially developed or close by to most. There are hundreds of smaller acreage sites, office complexes and fully-developed industrial parks.
Hillsboro is proud of its cooperative city government and "one stop permit" process. The City's departments have developed a "Fast-Track" plan review process that expedites construction projects. Turnaround time for permits, information and approvals is surprisingly quick and always friendly.
Hillsboro has some of the most beautiful, functional and affordable park-like corporate campus settings in the country. The abundant land, supportive public sector and stable, well-educated work force all make Hillsboro an attractive place to grow a business. Come work with us!
Check out our local Business Resource Guide
(downloadable pdf files)
Doing Business in Hillsboro - English Version
Doing Business in Hillsboro - Spanish Version
Hillsboro is a great place to live!
Hillsboro is a warm and friendly community. It is home to many of the world's largest advanced technology companies, yet still has a Saturday Farmer's Market and a downtown drug store soda fountain. It has historic neighborhoods and fabulous new subdivisions, both close to parks and schools. Hillsboro's medical needs are served by a modern, fully equipped hospital and hundreds of professional health care providers. It has a wide variety of social and service organizations, religious denominations, volunteer opportunities and an active business community.
Hillsboro is thriving with active retail centers, quaint shops, boutiques and professional offices that attract people from near and far. Artists and artisans, community theater, summer concerts in the park, libraries, festivals, recreation and athletic activities help weave the fabric of family life in Hillsboro. In short, Hillsboro is a great place to live...naturally. Come make Hillsboro your home!